POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : interior_texture doesn't work with CSG? : Re: interior_texture doesn't work with CSG? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior_texture doesn't work with CSG?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 28 Jul 2000 10:25:23
Message: <3981982A.EC976774@free.fr>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <39817f77$1@news.povray.org> , "Tom Melly"
> <tom### [at] tomandluf9couk> wrote:
>
> > Dunno, but it works if you texture the individual components of the CSG:
> >
> > merge
> > { sphere { <0,0,0>, 1   pigment { rgbf 1 } interior_texture { pigment { rgbf
> > <0,1,1,0.9> }}}
> >   sphere { <0,1,0>, 1   pigment { rgbf 1 } interior_texture { pigment { rgbf
> > <0,1,1,0.9> }}}
> > }
> >

> This implies that someone forgot to add the proper promotion code to do it
> for these in the parser...

	Yes exactly true. Works when adding the following line in Post_Process
(parse.c) afterwards the equivalent code for Object_Texture :

    if (Object->Interior_Texture == NULL)
    {
      Object->Interior_Texture = Copy_Texture_Pointer(Parent->Interior_Texture);
      if (Test_Flag(Parent, UV_FLAG))
        Set_Flag(Object, UV_FLAG);
    }

PS: please ignore my previous post which is completely unclear...

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr